FREMONT COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT #1
An Equal Opportunity Employer
January 11, 2022
POSITION: Transportation Secretary
LOCATION: Central Services
SALARY: $15.56/hr. minimum (260 days for full year); full benefits
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm
START DATE: As soon as possible
APPLY BY: Open Until Filled
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have a high school diploma or GED with at least three years of secretarial experience. The position requires proficient keyboarding and file maintenance skills; along with experience using various software programs. The transportation secretary is required to serve as backup to the warehouse manager as needed. This position requires strong communication skills, basic math skills, and knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Transportation Secretary assists with the daily operations of the transportation office and provides clerical services to the Transportation Manager.
The general duties include:
· Routes and schedules - assists with assignments of bus drivers, bus routes, vehicles, and substitutes for routes and extracurricular transportation, prepares data required to plan route schedules, and maintains map files.
· Warehouse coverage - backup to the warehouse manager as needed.
· Records, reports, and correspondence – prepares correspondence as needed, receives and processes work orders, and compiles pertinent data for required reports.
· Communication – dispatches drivers and vehicles, maintains positive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and others; and processes incoming/outgoing mail. Answers incoming calls and handles requests as needed.
· Accounting – Assists with preparation of purchase orders and payment authorizations; compiles and reports time records for payroll; and calculates trip tickets or payment.
· Data entry – Inputs all supply and equipment purchase information into the computer; inputs student and staff information into the computer.
· Other – Orders office supplies for the transportation department; welcomes visitors and handles their needs providing excellent customer service; maintains schedules of appointments; and maintains confidentiality.
TO APPLY: Visit our website at www.landerschools.org, click on the ‘Departments’ tab, go to ‘Human Resources’ and then go to ‘Applications’. Follow the instructions for completing the online application.
Fremont County School District #1 does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. FCSD#1 operates in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendment Act of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title IX, ADA, and Section 504 may be referred to the Curriculum Director (who is also the Coordinator for the Office for Civil Rights), Fremont County School District 1, 863 Sweetwater, Lander, WY 82520 or telephone (307)-332-4711; the Wyoming Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights Coordinator, 122 W. 25th Street, Suite E200, Cheyenne, WY 82002-2060, or telephone (307)-777-7222; or Office for Civil Rights, Denver Office: U.S. Department of Education; Cesar E. Chavez Memorial Building,1244 Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204-3482; Telephone: 303-844-5695;TDD: 800-877-8339; email: OCR.Denver@ed.gov. This information will be provided in an alternative format upon request.