Job Title: Senior Expeditions Admissions Officer
Reports to: Expeditions Admissions Director or Expeditions Admissions Supervisor
Work as a member of the NOLS Expeditions Admissions team to provide excellent service to
enrolled students, their families and emergency contacts. Collaborate with other admissions
officers in reviewing complex student health issues as part of the enrollment process.
Expeditions Admissions Officers are responsive and accessible to students, making them feel
supported and welcome at NOLS from the moment they select their course until the day they
arrive on campus to start their expedition. Depending on departmental need, this role may
involve supporting admissions on NOLS Custom Education courses in addition to Expedition
A passion for customer service and connecting expedition students to the NOLS mission is
necessary. Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, and problem-solving
skills. Must be able to track and appropriately prioritize detailed tasks. Ability to work both
independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. NOLS faculty or experience
supporting NOLS expedition course operations preferred.
Leadership or Supervisory Opportunities
Opportunity to innovate admissions systems and approaches. Work with the Expedition
Admissions Director and Expedition Admissions Supervisor to develop new systems and
approaches that will reduce student cancellation rates and steward students effectively through
their admissions process and onto their expedition. This position will either supervise Enrollment
Support staff, or take a leadership role on department-wide projects.
Funds or Property
Responsible for securing tuition payments, and for accurately discussing account status,
transfer policies and cancellation policies. Each admissions officer is responsible for managing
the enrollment process for rosters representing over $4,000,000 in tuition revenue.
● Positively represent and promote NOLS to students, families, and emergency contacts.
Share commitment to the positive, life changing opportunities we provide students.
● Communicate clearly, effectively, and in a timely manner with students, families and
● Responsible for managing all enrollment-oriented communication, including sometimes
challenging situations using nuanced listening and processing skills, de-escalating
communication tactics, empathy, and differentiation.
● Maintain consistent engagement with all enrolled students. Keep students excited for
and interested in their NOLS expedition.
● Be able to accurately answer a variety of questions about course activities, classrooms,
locations, equipment, curriculum, and NOLS policies.
● Work closely with location program staff to help serve enrolled students. Engage location
staff as part of a larger system to keep enrolled students commited and informed.
● Work with the university relations coordinator to help students navigate financial aid,
college credit, visas, VA funding, and Americorp awards.
● Process student enrollment forms.
● Discuss difficult or sensitive topics such as medical and mental health concerns and
finances with tact, care, and directness.
● Tightly manage rosters by communicating with students about tuition payments and
needed forms and removing non-responsive students promptly.
● Collaborate with customer service and marketing representatives to provide support to
prospective students by responding to inquiry emails and answering incoming phone
● Contribute to a working environment that is based in teamwork, and is student-focused
and solution oriented.
● Depending on need and experience, this role may support the Webinar team in
administrative tracking, preparing, and/or presenting student webinars.
● Occasional weekend and evening work schedule in order to support customer service at
times that are convenient for our students, families and emergency contacts.
● Assume or assist with other projects and systems development as requested by the
Expeditions Admissions Supervisor or Director.
● In addition, the Senior Expedition Admissions Officer will:
○ Review complex mental health, contacting students/parents and mental health
professionals for Expedition Admissions. Reviewing mental health and dietary
write-ups for the Expedition Admissions team.
○ Help create structures and implement communication to ensure complex student
cases receive necessary cross-departmental support for the best student
○ Share on call responsibilities to respond to urgent student needs as they are
preparing to travel or en-route to their course location.
This position has a preference for a candidate to be at the NOLS Headquarters in Lander, WY.
Remote options may be available on a case-by-case basis for legal residents of: Alaska,
Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New York, Utah, Washington,
or Wyoming. Current employees and residents in the state of Colorado please contact HR for
This is a full time position.
Last reviewed 2022.02
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of work,
unless they meet a medical, disability or religious exemption and a reasonable accommodation
is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an
acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a
condition of employment for all new employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission
requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to
all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other
aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who
pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or
otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
Criminal Background Check
A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
NOLS participates in E-verify
How to Apply
Send cover letter and résumé to Operations Office Manager Derbish at
For questions about the position, please contact Expedition Admissions Director Kahla
Gubanich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date For Applications
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority given to those submitted by Friday,
April 1, 2022.
April 25, 2022