FREMONT COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT #1
An Equal Opportunity Employer
July 6, 2022
POSITION: School Counselor
LOCATION: Pathfinder High School (Grades 9-12 alternative high school)
SALARY: $49,775 starting base salary (Master’s degree is required); full benefits
CONTRACT: 185-day contract
START DATE: August 2022
POSITION CLOSES: Open Until Filled
• Current Wyoming certification issued by the Professional Teaching Standards Board for the position of School Counselor, or licensure issued by the Wyoming Mental Health Professional Licensing Board.
• Must hold a Master’s degree or higher in Counseling.
• Past successful high school counseling experience.
• Past positive relationships with students and staff.
• Willingness to collaborate with principal, building leadership team, staff support team, and teaching staff to solve problems and implement solutions in response to day to day operations.
• Knowledge of and experience with implementing effective, research-based classroom instructional strategies to increase student achievement.
• Willingness to execute duties assigned by building principal.
• Past successful experience working with diverse populations of students.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The school counselor implements and manages programs and assessments designed for the academic, career and personal/social development of alternative high school students. This position practices under the general direction of the building principal.
TO APPLY: Visit our website at www.landerschools.org, click on the ‘Departments’ tab, go to ‘Human Resources’ and then go to ‘Applications’. Follow the instructions for completing the online application.
Fremont County School District #1 does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. FCSD#1 operates in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendment Act of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title IX, ADA, and Section 504 may be referred to the Curriculum Director (who is also the Coordinator for the Office for Civil Rights), Fremont County School District 1, 863 Sweetwater, Lander, WY 82520 or telephone (307)-332-4711; the Wyoming Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights Coordinator, 122 W. 25th Street, Suite E200, Cheyenne, WY 82002-2060, or telephone (307)-777-7222; or Office for Civil Rights, Denver Office: U.S. Department of Education; Cesar E. Chavez Memorial Building,1244 Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204-3482; Telephone: 303-844-5695;TDD: 800-877-8339; email: OCR.Denver@ed.gov. This information will be provided in an alternative format upon request.