FREMONT COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT #1
An Equal Opportunity Employer
November 17, 2021
POSITION: Infrastructure and Device Technician
LOCATION: Central Office - IT
SALARY: $15.06/hr. minimum (260 days for full year); full benefits
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, 7:00 am-4:00 pm
START DATE: As soon as possible
APPLY BY: December 6, 2021
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have a high school diploma or GED with at least three years appropriate experience. Low-voltage electrical certification is preferred but not required. We are open to candidates with enthusiasm, aptitude, and motivation for learning information technology related to education.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Infrastructure and Device Technician is done for the purposes of installing, managing, troubleshooting, and monitoring District infrastructure; coordinating, managing, troubleshooting, and repairing District devices; resolving software and hardware problems; developing and delivering job aides; and instructing staff in the use of systems and applications.
The general duties include:
· Administers district policies regarding the use of student and staff technology;
· Performs a wide variety of network-related actions as directed (basic wire troubleshooting, basic wiring setup and location, phone management, wireless mapping, basic server management) for purpose of optimizing and maintaining overall connectivity;
· Performs a wide variety of technology-related actions on system and components - installation, testing, configuring, repairing, etc.
· Records, reports, and correspondence – prepares correspondence as needed, receives and processes work orders, and compiles pertinent data for required reports.
· Maintains documents, files and records - licenses, work logs, etc.
·Troubleshoots user issues with computer workstations and servers.
· Provides training to users - teachers, staff, administrators, etc.
· Develops job user aids and supplemental instructions for the purpose of enhancing staff ability to utilize computer software applications.
· Responds to inquiries from a variety of stakeholders - teachers, staff, administrators for the purpose of ensuring continual and effective use of District technology systems.
TO APPLY: Visit our website at www.landerschools.org, click on the ‘Departments’ tab, go to ‘Human Resources’ and then go to ‘Applications’. Follow the instructions for completing the online application.
Fremont County School District #1 does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. FCSD#1 operates in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendment Act of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title IX, ADA, and Section 504 may be referred to the Curriculum Director (who is also the Coordinator for the Office for Civil Rights), Fremont County School District 1, 863 Sweetwater, Lander, WY 82520 or telephone (307)-332-4711; the Wyoming Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights Coordinator, 122 W. 25th Street, Suite E200, Cheyenne, WY 82002-2060, or telephone (307)-777-7222; or Office for Civil Rights, Denver Office: U.S. Department of Education; Cesar E. Chavez Memorial Building,1244 Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204-3482; Telephone: 303-844-5695;TDD: 800-877-8339; email: OCR.Denver@ed.gov. This information will be provided in an alternative format upon request.