At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Administrative Assistant, we'll count on you to:
• Provide front desk reception duties, including answering and directing telephone calls, delivering messages, greeting employees and visitors, scheduling conference calls, distributing incoming mail and preparing outgoing mail
• Type, revise and combine materials such as correspondence, reports, records, forms, meeting minutes, scientific or technical material, numerical data, and tabular information from rough draft, corrected copy or previous versions
• Proofread and edit documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation and format
• Complete word processing as needed, including letters, memos, reports and labels
• Provide meeting setup, travel arrangements, light accounting and other miscellaneous tasks/projects as needed
• Lead the production effort to make copies, assemble reports and submit deliverables
• Perform other duties as needed
This is a part-time position, approximately 20 hours per week. Prefer 4 hours per day, Monday through Friday, but flexible based on the applicant's needs.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Excellent verbal and written communication including grammar, punctuation, proofreading, spelling and telephone skills
• Flexibility and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and various managers in a fast-paced environment
• Self-motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Proficiency with MS Office including Word and Outlook
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• Associate degree preferred
• 2+ years of related experience preferred
• Preference given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.