FREMONT COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT #1
An Equal Opportunity Employer
January 6, 2023
POSITION: Head Varsity Football Coach
LOCATION: Lander Valley High School
START DATE: August 2023 (summer weights stipend a possibility)
APPLY BY: Open Until Filled
NOTES: Teaching position to be determined. Contact Serol Stauffenberg, Activities Director, with questions at (307)335-0107 or email@example.com
● Establishes a winning philosophy that promotes winning, positive life skills, and sportsmanship;
● Teaches football fundamentals;
● Provides direction and supervision for the assistant coaches;
● Makes decisions based on best interest of the athletes and program;
● Maintains a positive relationship with athletes, parents, and other staff;
● Supervises student athletes during travel and home games;
● Maintains equipment inventory;
● Models good sportsmanship;
● Teaches and upholds school and WHSAA rules & regulations.
● PTSB coaching certification/permit as a head football coach;
● Football coaching experience;
● Ability to establish a positive relationship with athletes, parents, and other staff;
● Ability to supervise assistants and direct the program; and
● Ability to attend all practices and games.
Certification: In order to qualify for a coaching position, a person must hold a coaching permit or a teaching certificate with an endorsement as a head coach issued by the Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board. Questions about certificates or permits should be addressed to the Professional Teaching Standards Board http://ptsb.state.wy.us, 1920 Thomes, Suite 400, Cheyenne, WY 82002, or call 1-800-675-6893 (for calls from within Wyoming) or 1-307-777-6261.
TO APPLY: Visit our website at www.landerschools.org, click on the ‘About Us’ tab and follow the instructions for completing the online application.
Fremont County School District #1 does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. FCSD#1 operates in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendment Act of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title IX, ADA, and Section 504 may be referred to the Curriculum Director (who is also the Coordinator for the Office for Civil Rights), Fremont County School District 1, 863 Sweetwater, Lander, WY 82520 or telephone (307)-332-4711; the Wyoming Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights Coordinator, 122 W. 25th Street, Suite E200, Cheyenne, WY 82002-2060, or telephone (307)-777-7222; or Office for Civil Rights, Denver Office: U.S. Department of Education; Cesar E. Chavez Memorial Building,1244 Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204-3482; Telephone: 303-844-5695;TDD: 800-877-8339; email: OCR.Denver@ed.gov. This information will be provided in an alternative format upon request.