FREMONT COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT #1
An Equal Opportunity Employer
January 4, 2022
POSITION: Head Track and Field Coach (head coaching duties shared between one other head coach)
LOCATION: Lander Middle School
START DATE: March 2022
APPLY BY: Open until filled
● Establishes a winning philosophy that promotes winning, positive life skills, and sportsmanship;
● Maintains a positive relationship with athletes, parents, and other staff;
● Teaches track and field fundamentals;
● Supervises student athletes during travel and home meets;
● Assists in maintaining equipment inventory;
● Works closely with other head coach;
● Models good sportsmanship; and
● Teaches and upholds school and WHSAA rules & regulations.
● PTSB certification/permit as a head track coach;
● Track and field coaching experience;
● Ability to establish a positive relationship with athletes, parents, and other staff; and
● Ability to attend all practices and meets.
Certification: In order to qualify for a coaching position, a person must hold a coaching permit or a teaching certificate with an endorsement as a head coach issued by the Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board. Questions about certificates or permits should be addressed to the Professional Teaching Standards Board http://ptsb.state.wy.us, 1920 Thomes, Suite 400, Cheyenne, WY 82002, or call 1-800-675-6893 (for calls from within Wyoming) or 1-307-777-6261.
TO APPLY: Visit our website at www.landerschools.org, click on the ‘Departments’ tab, go to ‘Human Resources’ and then go to ‘Applications’. Follow the instructions for completing the online application.
Fremont County School District #1 does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. FCSD#1 operates in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendment Act of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title IX, ADA, and Section 504 may be referred to the Curriculum Director (who is also the Coordinator for the Of ice for Civil Rights), Fremont County School District 1, 863 Sweetwater, Lander, WY 82520 or telephone (307)-332-4711; the Wyoming Department of Education, Of ice for Civil Rights Coordinator, 122 W. 25 th Street, Suite E200, Cheyenne, WY 82002-2060, or telephone (307)-777-7222; or Of ice for Civil Rights, Denver Of ice: U.S. Department of Education; Cesar E. Chavez Memorial Building,1244 Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204-3482; Telephone: 303-844-5695;TDD: 800-877-8339; email: OCR.Denver@ed.gov. This information will be provided in an alternative format upon request