FREMONT COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT #1
An Equal Opportunity Employer
December 4, 2020
POSITION: Head Track and Field Coach (head coaching duties split with one other head coach)
LOCATION: Lander Middle School
START DATE: March 2021
APPLY BY: Open until filled
● Establishes a winning philosophy that promotes winning, positive life skills, and sportsmanship;
● Maintains a positive relationship with athletes, parents, and other staff;
● Teaches track and field fundamentals;
● Supervises student athletes during travel and home meets;
● Assists in maintaining equipment inventory;
● Works closely with other head coach;
● Models good sportsmanship; and
● Teaches and upholds school and WHSAA rules & regulations.
● PTSB certification/permit as a head track coach;
● Track and field coaching experience;
● Ability to establish a positive relationship with athletes, parents, and other staff; and
● Ability to attend all practices and meets.
Certification: In order to qualify for a coaching position, a person must hold a coaching permit or a teaching certificate with an endorsement as a head coach issued by the Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board. Questions about certificates or permits should be addressed to the Professional Teaching Standards Board http://ptsb.state.wy.us, 1920 Thomes, Suite 400, Cheyenne, WY 82002, or call 1-800-675-6893 (for calls from within Wyoming) or 1-307-777-6261.
TO APPLY: Visit our website at www.landerschools.org, click on the ‘Departments’ tab and then ‘Human Resources’ follow the instructions for completing the online application.
Fremont County School District #1 does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. FCSD#1 operates in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendment Act of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title IX, ADA, and Section 504 may be referred to the Director of Curriculum & Student Assessment (who is also the Coordinator for the Office for Civil Rights), Fremont County School District 1, 863 Sweetwater, Lander, WY 82520 or telephone (307)-332-4711; the Wyoming Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights Coordinator, 2nd Floor, Hathaway Building, Cheyenne, WY 82202-0050, or telephone (307)-777-6218; or Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, 1244 Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204-3582; Telephone: 303-844-5695; FAX: 303-844-4303; TDD: 877-521- 2172; Email: OCR.Denver@ed.gov. The District hires only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers.