If you are excited to make a difference in the lives of others and join a team that works towards a meaningful purpose, apply to be a Food Service Specialist at the Wyoming Life Resource Center in Lander, WY! This position works in the Nutrition Center at the Wyoming Life Resource Center, preparing meals for clients, including special texture and therapeutic modified diets.
We offer competitive pay and an excellent State of Wyoming benefits package!
Human Resource Contact: Amanda 307-335-6785 email@example.com
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Prepare hot and cold foods according to menus, recipes, and production sheets.
- Prepare special texture and therapeutic modified foods according to written diet orders and menus.
- Serve and distribute food in client living and work areas. Drive food delivery truck to deliver meals across campus.
- Ensure food safety in every step of food preparation, serving, and storage.
- Stock and monitor food supplies and expiration dates.
- Answer phones and communicate information to ensure production flow and excellent customer service.
- Clean work area, including pot/pan, dish machine, ovens, grills, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to prepare large quantities of food using recipes and in accordance with food safety regulations.
- Ability to work in all areas of a large foodservice kitchen, including baking, produce and hot food preparation, special texture, therapeutic diet preparation, cafeteria service, and food truck delivery.
- Ability to stock and rotate inventory and monitor expiration dates meticulously.
- Skills in communication and the ability to effectively communicate production concerns to supervisors.
- Ability to work cooperatively with co-workers, clients, and staff.
0-1 year of any progressive work experience with acquired knowledge at the level of a Food Services Assistant
Education & Experience Substitution:
2-4 years of any progressive work experience with acquired knowledge at the level of a Food Services Assistant
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to lift heavy items, carry heavy items up and down ladders/stairs.
- Tolerate cold temperatures in walk-in freezers.
- Stand for a full shift.
- Physically utilize industrial-size kitchen equipment.
- Drive a food delivery truck.
- In a large foodservice kitchen, general walking, twisting, bending, kneeling, and lifting would be expected.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- A background check, including the taking of fingerprints, will be completed through the Wyoming Department of Criminal Investigation, the Department of Family Services, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation for every successful applicant.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing will be conducted on safety-sensitive positions. Drug testing will be conducted on any position if reasonable suspicion exists.
- The Wyoming Life Resource Center participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please note that we do not use this information to pre-screen job applicants.
- The Wyoming Department of Health offers an excellent benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, state retirement plan, deferred compensation program, and longevity pay.