Job Title: Field Staffing Coordinator
Reports to: Field Staffing Manager
Job Objective: Field staffing coordinators work as a collaborative team to support
exceptional student experiences through the seasonal hiring and oversight of NOLS
field faculty. They work closely with the field staffing director, program staff at NOLS
campus locations, and the expedition education and risk management departments to
supervise faculty performance and build effective field teams.
● Knowledge of NOLS’ schoolwide philosophy and field curriculum
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
● Able to remain compassionate and solution-oriented in the midst of adversity,
perceived difference, and at times, high levels of uncertainty.
● Able to work in a fast-paced team environment as well as independently, where
the ability to manage details and prioritize tasks is essential.
● Organized, creative, and flexible
● Experience with and/or the ability to learn methods of working with spreadsheet
data and tools.
● Previous field and/or supervisory experience in outdoor education
Leadership or Supervisory Duties: Operate as a member of a team that oversees the
hiring, development, performance, and promotion of approximately 700 field faculty.
Funds and/or Property: Obligates NOLS funds as a signer of field staff employment
● Manage ongoing hiring of field faculty to provide effective, qualified instructors for
each course. Balance emergent needs with longer-term development of
individual instructors and NOLS field faculty pool overall.
● Develop seasonal hiring plans, track student enrollment, communicate regularly
with program staff at NOLS campus locations, and correspond with field staff.
● Understand faculty performance by connecting with faculty and program staff at
NOLS locations, and by reading staff performance evaluations.
● Provide mentoring and coaching to field faculty regarding performance and
● Track instructor availability, openings, and other relevant data via spreadsheets
and other tools. Creative thinking to develop and improve systems is welcome
● Contribute to field faculty recruitment and evaluation of field instructor course
candidates, and assist in prioritizing faculty for training opportunities.
Criminal Background Check: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS
E-verify: NOLS participates In E-verify
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: All employees are required to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 by their first day of work, unless they meet a medical, disability or
religious exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19
vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for
the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of
employment for all new employees.
Work Location and Conditions: This is a full-time, benefitted position. Housing is not
provided. For qualified NOLS faculty, occasional field or classroom course work is
This position has flexibility to work remotely from NOLS world Headquarters in Lander,
WY, with a preference for working at a NOLS campus. Options for remote work are
limited to the following U.S. states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Maine,
Minnesota, Montana, New York, New Mexico, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. We
can also support an employee in Brazil, or any other country where NOLS has a
The starting pay range for this position is $38,480 per year, dependent on experience.
Other benefits include: 403 B, 403 B contribution after one year, Health Insurance,
Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending account, Life Insurance,
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Long Term Disability, Employee
Assistance Program, Paid Time off.
To Apply - send a cover letter and resume to:
Name: Toby Briggs
Phone: (307) 335-2276
Contact Field Staffing Director Toby Briggs (email@example.com) with questions.
Closing Date For Applications: First application review date: April 22, 2022. Open
Starting Date: ASAP and no later than June 1.