The Outreach Coordinator (OC) needs to be an interdisciplinary and creative thinker who can be innovative as well as pragmatic, working on a wide range of projects and disciplines. The OC is responsible for general program and administrative support for the Art Center. The OC is involved in multiple aspects of Lander Art Center programming. They are the point person for the Art Center: greeting the public, explaining programs,and presenting a friendly, informative and helpful persona.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacts with the public by greeting visitors, answering phones, providing information about classes, exhibits and artists.
- Membership: Accept memberships, filling out forms and entering data on the website. Solicits new members, assembles new member database, writes and sends membership related emails and mail to members.
- Registers students for classes and enters exhibit information onto the website
- Opens and closes gallery
- Creates templates for regular administrative tasks (thank you letters and emails, renewal letters and e-mails, class reminders to list-serves, etc.)
- Order’s office supplies
- Maintains a clean and organized gallery front end
- Makes contact telephone calls
- Coordinate volunteer schedule and tasks as needed
- Works with rest of staff to enter content into newsletter format
- Update’s website and social media
- Creates promotional materials for classes, exhibitions, and events
- Works to improve outreach to community & solicit teachers
- Assists in monitoring and evaluating exhibitions for quality and improvement
- Assists in exhibition installation and coordination of exhibition volunteers
- Attends evening receptions to take sales and write receipts for art sales and memberships
- Receives applications and artwork for upcoming exhibits (records contact info and manages online store)
- Marketing events involving posting to social media, Lander Chamber of Commerce, and contact emails etc.
- Coordinates logistics for events in conjunction with director
- Seeks sponsorships from businesses
Education and/or Experience:
- Enthusiasm and the ability to communicate the mission, values and ideals of the Lander Art Center
- Ability to work independently and proactively on propriety tasks
- Interpersonal skills—Personable, Polite, Listening, Patience with variety of age groups
- Verbal skills--Able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Writing skills--Able to communicate messages and prepare documents using appropriate and correct grammar, vocabulary, and spelling
- Computer skills—Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Familiarity with website design and membership management systems (willingness to learn)
- Resourcefulness and awareness to maximize supplies and resources of the LAC
- Flexibility to take on new challenges and situations in a positive way
Undergraduate level or above, or equivalent experience to fulfill job description. Knowledge or interest in the visual arts is a must.
While performing the duties of this job, the OC is regularly required to lift and/or move artwork, educational supplies and equipment and exhibition props of weights up to 50 pounds and various sizes, must be capable of climbing a ladder. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Lander Art Center is a vibrant community of diverse individuals who work diligently to provide the highest level of art services to the Fremont County Community. The Art Center provides artists, community members, and staff an environment to grow personally and professionally. The demands of the work involved fluctuate based upon the events and programming taking place, moving from a moderate pace to a fast paced environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually high when classes are in session and a certain amount of chaos can be expected with little ability to remove oneself.
If you would like to be considered for the Outreach Coordinator position, please submit a cover letter, resume/curriculum vita, and contacts for at least 4 professional references to email@example.com