Exhibits & Marketing Coordinator
The Lander Children’s Museum (LCM) provides children the opportunity for innovative learning experiences that encourages them to interact with their surroundings. The museum offers a variety of hands-on exhibits which encompass the fields of math, science, art, music, and reading. Most of all, the Lander Children’s Museum provides a place where children and families can explore, learn, and discover together!
The Lander Children’s Museum is seeking a creative and self-motivated part-time Exhibits & Marketing Coordinator. The Exhibits & Marketing Coordinator is expected to design and create LCM exhibits to coordinate with pre-school curriculum and seasonal events. Additionally, the Exhibits & Marketing Coordinator is responsible for marketing LCM events through a variety of media/marketing networks. This position is intended to be a flexible position with the opportunity for media/marketing roles to be completed off-site and exhibit creation done between business hours, or after hours, to meet the needs of the employee. The Exhibits & Marketing Coordinator is equal parts designer and marketing specialist supporting the Museum’s mission of Growing Minds through creative exploration and discovery.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, plan, design, and direct the permanent, temporary, and travelling exhibitions, as well as other non-exhibit projects.
- Establish new partnerships and relationships for heightened public awareness, community collaboration, and marketing opportunities.
- Develop long-term and short-term marketing and promotional calendar to inform and attract the Museum’s visitors, members, and other audiences to rich, appealing, and exciting programs and exhibits.
- Create materials for external communication media including: press releases, newsletters, social media, publications, and the LCM website.
- Help plan and oversee LCM programs and events including but not limited to: Summer Programs, Afterschool Programs, Tiny Tots, Fall Fest, Santa’s Workshop, Earth Day, 4th of July (C4C), WaterWorks!, and Family Nights.
- Associates degree in marketing, education, art, (or related field) or equivalent experience
- Graphic design, web design, Microsoft Publisher, or social media experience preferred
Passion for Children
- A passion for children and their intellectual, physical and emotional development
*PLEASE INCLUDE TWO  LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION*