Job Title: Development Director
Location: National Bighorn Sheep Center, 10 Bighorn Lane, Dubois, WY
Desired Start Date: January 15, 2018
Work Schedule: Full-time (40 hours/week). Position requires the applicant’s ability to work regular hours, plus occasional evenings, weekends and special events. Flexible scheduling based upon staffing needs.
Compensation: $12-$15/hour, commensurate with experience; Employer-matched simple IRA benefit potential after one-year employment.
The National Bighorn Sheep Interpretive Association (NBSIA) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization based in Dubois, Wyoming. Founded in 1993, our mission is to educate the people about Bighorn Sheep and the conservation of wildlife and wild lands. The National Bighorn Sheep Center features dioramas with full-scale taxidermy mounts, interactive exhibits about wildlife management and opportunities for guided wildlife tours and special events year-round.
We are a team of leaders and educators who are passionate about wildlife and in particular, bighorn sheep. We teach children and adults alike, from visiting tourists to local residents the value of wildlife and bighorn sheep, and we promote wildlife habitat conservation through our educational exhibits, outreach efforts and special events.
Summary of Position:
The Development Director works closely and collaboratively with the Executive Director, Education Manger and/or other staff and volunteers to manage the gift shop, support membership and donor development, coordinate and implement outreach and marketing, and provide quality visitor services. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is experienced in the nonprofit field, who works well independently and as part of a team. Prior experience in the following areas is preferred:
- Management, coordination and promotion of gift shop (physical and ecommerce), maintenance of gift shop inventory and volunteer, fellow staff and customer relations;
- Membership and donor development (including donor database management experience);
- Outreach and marketing skills (including WordPress website management, social media, advertising and online member communication tools);
- Friendly visitor services and/or wildlife interpretation with strong people, communication and organization skills.
- Bachelor degree required, with at least one year of related or transferable experience
- Nonprofit fundraising experience and knowledge, including grant writing and reporting, membership management and fundraising event management
- Ability to develop work plans, project budgets and manage projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Independently motivated with ability to work as part of a team
- Proficient computer literate with both Windows and IOS (including Point of Sales systems, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Wordpress website management, membership/donor database management systems, social media, etc.)
- Be in good physical condition for occasional outdoor events and outings, changing exhibits and/or outreach activities
- Retail experience a plus
- Background with wildlife, interpretation, museums and exhibits, habitat conservation and/or outdoor education a plus
Please email a cover letter outlining your interest in and qualifications for this position, your resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received no later than 4pm on December 20 will have priority, but applications accepted until position is filled. For inquiries and questions, call Sara at 307-455-3429 or email email@example.com.