This internship will be in the core of advertising and marketing with the goal to expand the client portfolio of the company across the United States. We are a fast growing organization and are looking for a talented, professional, self starter to help manage our international social media projects, including marketing, advertising and video production services and custom advertising campaigns to clients in the tourism and hospitality industry.
For applications, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Job Duties
Assist in connecting our teams, specifically, between journalists, sales departments, and client services. Marketing project managers need to effectively communicate with our teams to set priorities, ensure that project milestones and budget expectations are met, and determine team member expectations across departments. A marketing project manager may also communicate directly with executives to provide progress updates.
You will be tasked with client communications, from initial meetings to determine the scope of a project and a client’s needs and expectations, to receiving client feedback on deliverables. Additionally, a marketing project manager need to communicate with clients and internal teams as the scope of the project shifts.
We want strategic thinkers, able to understand a client’s desired outcomes. This role requires a keen learning curve of our client’s industry. You should have a solid grasp of the client’s environment and be able to identify opportunities to innovate and improve our process.
Time and Personnel Management
You will work with staff members, developing an initial project plan and timeline, to ensure that team members and clients understand the expectations. In addition, a marketing project manager may identify areas where team members are needed to ensure that project milestones and deliverables are completed according to the schedule.
Advertising Project Manager Skills and Qualifications
A marketing project manager, balances direct oversight of ongoing advertising projects with client communications and schedule management. We consider candidates with the following skills:
- Project management – to ensure that they can take an active learning role in project development on a day-to-day basis
- Personnel oversight – because they coordinate the activities of cross-functional teams, project managers should also have a firm grasp of personnel management principles and practices
- Scheduling and planning – setting project schedules and timelines is a major part of the advertising project manager’s role, requiring attention to detail and the ability to plan multiple, concurrent projects
- Written and verbal communication – advertising project managers frequently communicate with team members, clients, and contractors.
Skill Requirements for all Herrmann Global positions
- Care more: exceptional customer service skills
- Curiosity: a high level of interest in constantly learning new things
- Problem solving: ability to identify and understand problems and willingness to solve them
- Sensitivity: a high level of awareness for the needs of colleagues, clients and the Herrmann Global business
- A global perspective and understanding of different cultures (ideally obtained through travel)