We are a thriving Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) located in Fremont
County, Wyoming seeking an experienced Executive Director to lead our
organization through our post-Covid-19 recovery and future growth. The
successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our
organization, ensuring that we are operating efficiently and effectively to meet our
goals, and serve as the ambassador to the local tourism industry.
Executive Director Responsibilities and Duties
- The Executive Director answers to the Executive Committee and
receives guidance from the board members. Other duties may be
assigned at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- Together with the Board of Directors and Marketing Agency, develop the
Wind River Visitors Council strategic plans and marketing strategy to
increase lodging tax revenues across all Fremont County.
- Deploy WRVC resources and personnel to effectively reinforce marketing
effort. Oversees marketing agency, communications team and vendors to
execute marketing plan and support the Wind River Country brand.
- Leads all staff, contract workers and vendors in the implementation of all
policies, goals, and other activities required by the Board of Directors.
Creates and implements annual budget, subject to approval of the Board of
- Interacts with economic development, government, tribal and tourism
leaders to develop new tourism products and community amenities;
increasing their awareness of local grant funding and assisting with local
- Acts as the WRVC spokesperson to all communities in Fremont County;
developing positive relationships and educating elected officials and the
public on the value of the tourism industry.
- Responsible for the review and evaluation of program activities; meeting
any contractual obligations of the WRVC and the allocation of resources in
an effective and efficient manner.
- Functions as chief supervisor of all assigned staff and/or contract workers
and is responsible for all personnel activity including hiring, training,
performance evaluations, discipline and the answering of all workplace
complaints and resolution of problems.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
• 2+ years’ experience in organizational management and/or
• 1+ years supervisory experience leading diverse teams.
• Knowledge of the Wyoming business community.
If you are interested in leading the effort to a better, more vibrant Fremont County,
please apply at https://indeedhi.re/39SAkxa.