An Equal Opportunity Employer
POSITION: Student Services Secretary
LOCATION: Lander Middle School (Grades 6-8)
SALARY: $13.75/hr. minimum, 40 hours/week; full benefits; Position works 195 days per school year
START DATE: August 1, 2017
APPLY BY: April 7, 2017
DESCRIPTION: The student services secretary provides clerical support to assigned school personnel; communicates information to staff and the public; provides complete and accurate records, administers first aid and scheduled medications; maintains health room equipment and files; and provides information and direction as may be requested.
Following are some specific job duties:
• Greets individuals entering the school office (e.g. visitors, parents, students, vendors, etc.) for the purpose of responding to inquiries, directing individuals to appropriate location/personnel and/or ensuring that all visitors have signed in on the visitors log.
• Answers incoming telephone calls for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries and/or taking messages.
• Assists with processing documents, forms, mailings, and materials for purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties. Compiles and submits required reports for the purpose of meeting District, State and Federal requirements.
• Contacts parents/guardians daily for the purpose of verifying student's absence, and providing documentation in accordance with administrative and legal requirements.
• Proficient at learning multiple, internal software programs for the purpose of efficiently running the day to day operations within the school.
• Works under the district nurse’s license as the designated unlicensed personnel for all health-related concerns. Complying with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) laws at all times. Makes referrals to and maintains contact with school nurse regarding students’ health needs and notifies nurse of any changes in students’ special needs.
• Respond to complaints of injury or illness according to district policy and procedure and at the discretion of the district nurse.
• Medication administration, including necessary documentation and necessary maintenance of Schedule II medications, according to district policy.
• Assist school nurse with the following programs: immunization compliance, dental health, personal hygiene, vision and hearing screenings.
• Work with building principal and school nurse to establish a routine for emergency illness, accidental injuries, and first aid.
• Maintain health room equipment and student health records
QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires a team player with strong organizational, communication, and computer skills. This position also requires the successful applicant to hold or be able to obtain a current Adult and Child First Aid/CPR certification and successfully complete district health competency exams and any additional requirements as established by the building principal.
TO APPLY: Visit our website at: www.landerschools.org. Click on the ‘About Us’ tab, click on the ‘employment’ link, and follow the instructions for completing the online application.
Fremont County School District #1 does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. FCSD#1 operates in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendment Act of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title IX, ADA, and Section 504 may be referred to the Director of Curriculum (who is also the Coordinator for the Office for Civil Rights), Fremont County School District 1, 863 Sweetwater Street, Lander, WY 82520 or telephone (307)-332-4711; the Wyoming Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights Coordinator, 2nd Floor, Hathaway Building, Cheyenne, WY 82202-0050, or telephone (307)-777- 6218; or Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, 1244 Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204-3582; Telephone: 303-844-5695; FAX: 303-844-4303; TDD: 877-521-2172; Email: OCR.Denver@ed.gov. The District hires only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers.