Each day at Volunteers of America, we strive to exemplify our foundational pillar of Servant Leadership and Cultural Values of Communication, Compassion, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence.
The Kitchen Assistant is responsible for food service duties in a rural treatment facility. This position performs all duties in accordance with the Wyoming Department of Health standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with meal preparation
- Prepare weekly menu and shopping list
- Receive and store all food deliveries
- Monitor kitchen stock supplies and maintain adequate inventory
- Ensure kitchen and dining room are clean and meet health standard requirements
- Perform weekly and monthly deep cleaning
- Transportation of clients
- Effective communicator; assertive when necessary
- Respectful and professional with all residents
- Ability to deal with confrontation in a calm and positive manner
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines
- Confidential with patient information
- Continuous demonstration of behaviors aligned with our Cultural Values
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a rural treatment facility kitchen, routinely using standard kitchen equipment such as stoves, scales, mixers, dishwasher, and knives.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear; and taste or smell.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, and crouch.
Sufficient close vision is needed to be able to perform duties such as check appearance of food, use a food processor, measure ingredients, read, write, and take food temperatures.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Availability to work evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime, as needed.
Some travel is expected
Required Education, Experience or Eligibility Qualifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have a Food Safety Certificate or obtain the same within two weeks of employment.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Cooking and catering experience
- Institutional cooking experience
To apply, click here.
VOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA).
Check out other jobs for displaced workers due to COVID-19 from Wind River Visitors Council.