An Equal Opportunity Employer
May 22, 2018
LOCATION: Lander Valley High School
START DATE: November 2018
APPLY BY: Open Until Filled
● Establishes a winning philosophy that promotes winning, positive life skills, and sportsmanship;
● Teaches Nordic ski fundamentals;
● Makes decisions based on best interest of the athletes and program;
● Maintains a positive relationship with athletes, parents, and other staff;
● Supervises student athletes during travel and home games;
● Assists in maintaining equipment inventory;
● Models good sportsmanship;
● Teaches and upholds school and WHSAA rules & regulations.
● PTSB coaching certification/permit as an assistant Nordic ski coach or as a head coach in any area;
● Nordic ski coaching experience;
● Ability to establish a positive relationship with athletes, parents, and other staff;
● Ability to supervise assistants and direct the program; and
● Ability to attend all practices and games.
Certification: In order to qualify for a coaching position, a person must hold a coaching permit or a teaching certificate with an endorsement as a head coach issued by the Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board. Questions about certificates or permits should be addressed to the Professional Teaching Standards Board http://ptsb.state.wy.us, 1920 Thomes, Suite 400, Cheyenne, WY 82002, or call 1-800-675-6893 (for calls from within Wyoming) or 1-307-777-6261.
TO APPLY: Visit our website at www.landerschools.org, click on the ‘About Fremont #1’ tab and follow the instructions for completing the online application. Phone: 307-332-4711 E-mail: email@example.com
Fremont County School District #1 does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. FCSD#1 operates in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendment Act of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title IX, ADA, and Section 504 may be referred to the Director of Curriculum & Student Assessment (who is also the Coordinator for the Office for Civil Rights), Fremont County School District 1, 863 Sweetwater Street, Lander, WY 82520 or telephone (307)-332-4711; the Wyoming Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights Coordinator, 2nd Floor, Hathaway Building, Cheyenne, WY 82202-0050, or telephone (307)-777- 6218; or Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, 1244 Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204-3582; Telephone: 303-844- 5695; FAX: 303-844-4303; TDD: 877-521-2172; Email: OCR.Denver@ed.gov. The District hires only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers.