An Equal Opportunity Employer
March 20, 2017
POSITION: Administrative Assistant (210 day position)
LOCATION: Lander Middle School (Grades 6-8)
SALARY: $14.50/hr. minimum, 40 hours/week; full benefits
START DATE: August 1, 2017
APPLY BY: April 7, 2017
DESCRIPTION: The position of Administrative Assistant is done for the purpose of providing complex and confidential secretarial and administrative support to the building principal and other administrators; conveying information regarding school functions and procedures; ensuring efficient operation of support functions; and coordinating projects and site activities.The main responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Answers telephone calls and responds to emails for the purpose of directing them to the appropriate personnel and answering questions.
• Composes, compiles or assists in developing a variety of documents, programs, newsletters and handbooks for the purpose of communicating information to district personnel, the public, etc.
• Maintain and organize cumulative student records for the purpose of storing mandatory documents to be enrolled within the school system.
• Evaluates situations for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
• Gathers a variety of information for the purpose of providing information and/or recommendations and/or addressing a variety of administrative requirements.
• Proficient at learning multiple, internal software programs for the purpose of efficiently running the day to day operations within the school.
• Oversees department staff and office operations for the purpose of ensuring appropriate procedures are followed and/or meeting work demands.
• Performs clerical functions for the purpose of helping the school run more efficiently.
• Responds to a wide variety of inquiries from internal and external parties for the purpose of providing information, facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
• Schedules a variety of activities for the purpose of assisting in meeting staff professional development needs/requirements and ensuring the efficient utilization of funds, personnel, equipment and/or facilities.
• Serves as a liaison to individuals, committees and/or organizations on behalf of administrator for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required for district operations.
• Supports assigned administrative personnel for the purpose of providing assistance with their administrative functions.
Candidates must have a high school diploma or GED with at least three years of secretarial experience, preferably in public education. This position requires proficient keyboarding and file maintenance skills; along with experience using various software programs such as Google Docs,Word, and Excel. This position requires someone who is highly organized as well as an excellent communicator (both verbal and written).
TO APPLY: Visit our website at: www.landerschools.org, click on the ‘About Us’ tab and click on the ‘employment’ link and follow the instructions for completing the online application.
Phone: 307-332-4711 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fremont County School District #1 does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. FCSD#1 operates in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendment Act of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title IX, ADA, and Section 504 may be referred to the Director of Curriculum (who is also the Coordinator for the Office for Civil Rights), Fremont County School District 1, 863 Sweetwater Street, Lander, WY 82520 or telephone (307)-332-4711; the Wyoming Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights Coordinator, 2nd Floor, Hathaway Building, Cheyenne, WY 82202-0050, or telephone (307)-777-6218; or Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, 1244 Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204-3582; Telephone: 303-844-5695; FAX: 303-844-4303; TDD: 877-521-2172; Email: OCR.Denver@ed.gov. The District hires only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers.