The reason we are reaching out is to share the Black Hills Energy website link for our response to the COVID-19 situation. This site will be updated as the situation warrants, and we will do our best to make sure you are informed of any significant changes.
The website address is: https://www.blackhillsenergy.com/safety/response-covid-19-your-safety-our-top-priority
You should have also received a copy of the media release we distributed yesterday (attached), but just as a reminder the key points are:
Some of the actions the company has taken include:
· Black Hills Energy is temporarily suspending nonpayment disconnections for our customers. We realize that due to possible extended periods of isolation, customers may face financial hardships effecting their ability to timely pay their energy bills. Please visit www.blackhillsenergy.com/ to explore options to assist in those hardships.
· To minimize the potential spreading of COVID-19 Black Hills Energy will be asking customers who have had a fever, dry cough or been diagnosed with the virus in the last 48 hours to consider postponing non-emergency service calls.
· Crews will continue to respond to all emergency calls and will be wearing appropriate personal protective equipment and following health practices as recommended by the CDC and other health organizations.
· Employee travel has been limited to mission critical purposes.
· A work from home policy has been implemented for all employees who are able to do so.
· Paid leave is being provided for employees who tests positive or are put under quarantine.
· All on-site meetings with consultants and gathering of over ten people have been postponed and electronic communications are encouraged when possible.
Additionally, if your community has specific needs that we may be able to help with, please reach out.
Feel free to email or call us directly if you have questions.
Please stay safe and healthy. Thank you for your leadership and valued partnership during these challenging times.
Laurie and Mike
Black Hills Energy | Community Affairs Manager
1301 West 24th Street | Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001
Desk: 307-778-2121 | Mobile: 307-256-2301 | 24-Hour media line: 888-242-3969
| Black Hills Energy | Community Affairs Manager (Wyoming-North)
| Desk: 307-261-3254
| Mobile: 307-315-3010